Getting my feet wet in Real Estate Investments

1 Reply

I am Manuel (Manny) Fuentes. So far, I have been in the rat race working for Corporate America and am in the early stages of getting my Real Estate Investment Career started. I am currently working in the North-Central Florida area and am looking for deals I can wholesale, fix and flip and keep for generation of passive income.

@Manuel Fuentes Welcome.

There is a local group if you have not already found it in Gainesville. 

We have a "social" meet up once a month (2nd Wednesday) at a restaurant:

Napolatanos 606 Northwest 75th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607

Last night there was a loan officer who is also part of the group speaking about conventional loans, credit reports, etc.  Prior to that (last months meeting) there was someone from the county speaking about tax certificates.

After the "social" follows the workshop always the Saturday following the Wednesday social. It's held at: 

Exit Realty Producers 3600 NW 43rd St, Gainesville, FL 32606 (352) 505-5700

I went the 1st time at the realty office for the presentation and some handouts. Afterward, we all go out to look at homes to do an analysis, "would we buy it, if so is it a flip, buy and hold or not worth it and walk away".

The presentation starts at about 10am for an hour and then we all converge onto the properties. They send an email out from the Meet ups (you can join by going to meetup.com) and search for Invest Gainesville: We Build Real Estate Investors.

An email is sent either Thursday or Friday for the property locations that are being evaluated.

I don't go to the presentation since it is a repeat.

-Daria

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you