Newbie from Enfield, CT

9 Replies

Dan Ruby and I'm looking to work with experience investors in this area!  I need to start building cash up. Is this area good for wholesaling?  How are other investors making it? What methods work? (i.e. formulas others find successful) I'm presently doing line haul work. I would like to make a better life for family and I found a lot of inspiring stories about building wealth through real estate and its gotten my attention!!

Welcome @Daniel Ruby , Connecticut has a pretty active community here- with many fix and flip, BRRR strategy users, and landlords. I am uncertain how much wholesaling is going on in the state as I have not explored that.

I'm a newer CT investor myself, but I've joined the CT REIA and made a lot of good connections there. From what I hear, CT can be a tricky state for contract assignment wholesales (because we're an attorney closing state), so the key is to find an attorney who is comfortable with them. Otherwise, wholesales here would need to be a double close, so you'd need transactional financing.

There's certainly plenty of resources here on BP. Welcome!

I have family in Somers, so I am very familiar with the area. If you can find a single family that is undervalued, you will do fine in that area.  If you are looking for cash flow in rentals, check out the Springfield, MA area. If I'm not mistaken, that is the closest larger city in your area. 

@Daniel Ruby ,

Welcome to the Best Real Estate Site on the Net.
It is always nice to see another Ct., resident in the forums.
Click on the "learn tab" at the top of the page, and you could be spending many hours on the Information that is available.
Raymond

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you