Currently owner in Orlando, want to invest in Illinois

8 Replies

Hi! My husband and I currently own 3 condos in Orlando, FL, that are paid for and rented out, generating a decent income. We paid a realtor to get us the tenants, but after that we manage them ourselves, mainly over the phone, with the help of contacts built over time. Since we live in the west suburbs of Chicago, we thought our next purchase should be close by, and we should finance it this time. Looking for duplexes or triplexes  in the area and could really use some good advice!

@Bea Maia There are some great opportunities in the IL area! We currently are flipping several properties as well as rehabbing several turn-key properties. Would love to connect and see if we can help. 

@James Syed I would love to connect with you as we are looking for a property manager to use in IL. 

Thanks all who replied to my post. Kinda looking in the Plainfield area, but really having a hard time spotting "the deal". Cash flow seems to work opposite with potential increase in value. And a recent article pointing out advantages of SFH versus MFH got me thinking....

Any thoughts on that, Illinois investors? Thanks again!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you