Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Michael Boyer
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Votes |
The Anti-Real Estate Reality Show Landlord.

Michael Boyer
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Posted Sep 18 2015, 16:58

The title may be a fun way to describe me and my landlording activity... 

While I enjoy the real estate reality genre, nothing in a my landlording career would interest a  reality TV producer (no drama, by design). It would be a pretty boring show--me cleaning units, making repairs, showing units, signing leases. I am a hands on, small time landlord doing about everything myself (but contracting out some skilled work)

I find housing people worthwhile (and even profitable), but nobody would want a television show about it (think of a camera zooming in on me cleaning carpets or painting walls for hours....snooze)...In fact, I think if you do things right, you can prevent much of the drama (no building disasters or angry tenant confrontations) the staple material that would keep viewers riveted.

My strengths would be in the day-to-day, nitty gritty details of small time landlording, especially for part-time landlord that holds down a day job. I have been doing all this for ten years: turning around and maintaining my units, screening and selecting tenants, moving them in and helping them move out.

I've have had between two and eight units and have six currently. I hope to chime in on the forum for practical insights for others and to get ideas myself. I even started sharing my experience with a wider audience as a real estate author.

Loading replies...