New member from Vermont

5 Replies

Hi all,

I bought my first home on my own (I have owned and sold before as part of a married couple) four years ago - a neglected 100-year-old home for cash. I moved in and started fixing things. The property is now listed for sale, but with no viewings I am thinking perhaps this is a sign that I should make it my first rental! I am considering buying a multiunit and living in one unit, renting the others as well as the single family I live in at present. With little savings and income, I have taken on two part-time jobs along with my own writing business to build an investment fund. I can do this! I am looking at a multiunit this weekend. I am open to mentors, suggestions, advice, etc. Thanks - I am happy to be a part of the forum!

Hey Rosie. I'm also in Barre and have a good grasp on the local market here. I'm getting my real estate license in 2 weeks. I'm available if you ever want to get together to bounce ideas off of. There are a few extra steps if you want to rent in Barre City. I've got a few rentals in town. :-)

Sam

@Rosie Williams

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. You've got the right attitude to get started. Hang in there. I'm in Waterbury, Vermont and although I've been a Real Estate agent for a while, I'm just getting started with investments too. The market in Barre is interesting. There are a lot of inexpensive properties and a lot of rental units for sale. If you're careful and watch your numbers, you should be able to do well there. Especially if you are going to buy and hold properties.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you