New Member from SF Bay Area, CA

24 Replies

Hi everyone,

My name is Xiaojun.  I always have a passion in real estate.  My favorite hobby is to look at open houses over the weekends.  A random search on Google few months ago led me to BiggerPockets.  I was absolutely amazed by the breadth and depth of the knowledge presented on this site.  I really enjoy listening to the podcasts and have listened to all of the 141 episodes during my daily commutes.

I was mostly inspired by the “Weekend Millionaire” series by Mike Summey and Roger Dawson, and truly believe wealth is an income stream and real estate investing is a getting rich slowly game.  While being stuck deeper and deeper to the rat race, my current goal is to generate enough passive income from buy and hold properties to replace my W2 job.

We’ve been focused only on SFRs/THs/condos so far, recently started looking into multi-family properties, hopefully one day to crack the code of the bay area real estate :).

I’m looking forward to learning and sharing knowledges from fellow investors.

Best regards,

Xiaojun

Hi @Xiaojun M.

Welcome to bigger pockets! I'm fairly new here too and trying to learn as much as I can.  It seems the more I learn, the more I need and want to learn.  The Bay Area is definitely a challenging place to start.  

Anne

@Xiaojun M.

Welcome to the BP family! you came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you: 

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best! 

@Xiaojun M. welcome to BP. It has lot of information and may have answers to most things related to Real estate or people who can help in any area of RE.

Good luck.

@Xiaojun M.

Welcome Xiaojun, 

I love your part of the country (I am from Southern California) for travel and business reasons. 

Northern California as it is a great area for buying/selling unwanted rural land. (That’s what I do.) You can find sellers easily via direct mail and buy acreage for a few thousand dollars and sell it for a lot more on the internet. It's a great way to start and built up funds to invest in some of the bigger project your are planning.

Good luck and please reach out if I can help with anything!

Jill

Originally posted by @Anne Dahl :

Hi @Xiaojun M.

Welcome to bigger pockets! I'm fairly new here too and trying to learn as much as I can.  It seems the more I learn, the more I need and want to learn.  The Bay Area is definitely a challenging place to start.  

Anne

HI Anne, 

Thanks for the warm welcome!  We have very similar goals, look forward to learn from each other :).

Have a great weekend,

Xiaojun

Originally posted by @Dmitriy Fomichenko :

@Xiaojun M.

Welcome to the BP family! you came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you: 

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best! 

Hi Dmitriy,

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Thanks for the links!  The tip on the tag is very useful.  It took me a while to figure it out :).  

Have a great weekend,

Xiaojun

Originally posted by @Radhika M. :

@Xiaojun M. welcome to BP. It has lot of information and may have answers to most things related to Real estate or people who can help in any area of RE.

Good luck.

Hi Radhika,

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Congrats on the 4-plex in SJ!  Look forward to learn from each other. 

Have a great weekend!

Xiaojun

Originally posted by @Robert Musallam :

Welcome to BP @Xiaojun M.

Lot's of great people and information here for you to get started! See you around the forums and best of luck on your future investments!

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I'm so happy to find so many great like-minded people here.  See you around and best luck to you too!

Thanks!

Xiaojun

Originally posted by @Mark Nolan :

@Xiaojun M.

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It is a good community to network and learn about all aspects of real-estate investing.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Look forward to interact and learn from the community.

Best regards,

Xiaojun

Originally posted by @Jill DeWit :

@Xiaojun M.

Welcome Xiaojun, 

I love your part of the country (I am from Southern California) for travel and business reasons. 

Northern California as it is a great area for buying/selling unwanted rural land. (That’s what I do.) You can find sellers easily via direct mail and buy acreage for a few thousand dollars and sell it for a lot more on the internet. It's a great way to start and built up funds to invest in some of the bigger project your are planning.

Good luck and please reach out if I can help with anything!

Jill

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the warm welcome!  We visited Phoenix and suburb area few years ago, it's a beautiful place.  Which part of Northern California are you investing land?  

Thanks!

Xiaojun

Welcome to the site Xiaojun!

I love the podcasts as well - such a great resource.

What part of the bay do you invest in? I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around!

Jake

Originally posted by @Jill DeWit :

Love more rural areas like Modoc and Lassen counties. Every time I acquire property in those counties they sell within days...

@Xiaojun M.

Hi Jill,

Thanks for sharing your experience!  I'll PM you in case any questions :).

Have a great week!

Xiaojun

Originally posted by @Jake Van Vorhis :

Welcome to the site Xiaojun!

I love the podcasts as well - such a great resource.

What part of the bay do you invest in? I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around!

Jake

Thanks Jake!  I'm mainly focused in south bay, Milpitas/North San Jose and nearby areas, currently looking for a small multifamily.  In case you know any good deals, please let me know :).   

Good luck to your REI adventures! See you around,

Xiaojun

Welcome to Bigger Pockets community. Be sure to check for all kinds of useful resources and free how to guides.

Networking is how to succeed in this space and as such I wanted to give you an open invitation to feel free to reach out to me at any time.

I am located in the Northern Nevada market and doing buy and hold, wholesale and fix and flips…

Originally posted by @Tim Farrell :

Welcome to Bigger Pockets community. Be sure to check for all kinds of useful resources and free how to guides.

Networking is how to succeed in this space and as such I wanted to give you an open invitation to feel free to reach out to me at any time.

I am located in the Northern Nevada market and doing buy and hold, wholesale and fix and flips…

Thanks Tim!  Thanks for the invitation!  Really appreciate it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you