New member from Sparks, NV

7 Replies

I guess you could call me an accidental investor. Currently own 4 rental properties (3 rented, 1 still being rehabbed). All have been profitable but I feel like I've lucked into them so I want to learn more so I can step up from being a lucky speculator and become an investor. Currently all my income properties are local but I'm interested in North Dakota (relatives there) and Texas (lived there for 5 years).

Would love to chat with anyone with similar backgrounds and especially people in Reno/Sparks and people with experience (good or bad) investing in out of area properties.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken....  Welcome to Bigger Pockets

Networking is how to succeed in this space and as such I wanted to give you an open invitation to feel free to reach out to me at any time.I am located in the Reno market doing buy and hold, wholesale and fix and flips…

Best of Luck

Welcome Ken!  Sparks is hot, lots of expected appreciation in rents built into home prices, rentals and multi's at all time high prices given the Tesla plant and other expected growth.  Will be really interesting to see how it all pans out.  I expect lots of new construction if these trends increase.

I live about 30 minutes west of you in Verdi, and invest mostly in the Nevada City CA area -- I've found better rental returns (although those are drying up fast) and fewer investors to contend with.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you