Real Estate Investor / Agent, Fayetteville, NC

9 Replies

Hello Fellow Investors

My name is Benita Jones  and I currently reside, work and invest in Fayetteville, NC. I have been a long time member of BP but just recently joined PRO  in the last couple weeks. I have been involved in real estate in some way  or another for over 10 years but  investing  is  my first love! I have owned as many as 8 SF rentals  but only have 3 currently that I manage myself.  My goal is to grow my rental portfolio  holding on to them this time around! And flipping two or three properties every year.  I appreciate all the knowledge shared  on BP and those who are so unselfishly willing to help and share. So, glad to be apart of this community!

Good luck @Benita Jones .  What happened with your previous rentals?  How has your investor profile changed since the last time?  Are the 3 units you own now part of your previous portfolio, or have you purchased these recently?

It's nice to meet another investor.

Hi Lee

The previous rentals were all lease with option to buy and over last 4 1/2 years all exercised their option leaving me with the last three which are straight rentals. They were also apart of previous portfolio and I plan to hang on to them going forward as I add to them once again.

Hi folks, posting here to get more info about Fayetteville. I'm located near Seattle but we are buying a pool of REOs and one is located in Fayetteville. Is Fayetteville a decent area for flipping and/or owning rentals? We intend just sell these off to local investors who are looking to flip or hold as a rental. Any info on that local market is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Bob

Hi @Benita Jones - Welcome back! I'm doing the same in Fayetteville and I absolutely love it. Let me know of any deals you come across that don't work for your model. My baseline is SFR at 1400+sqft and a garage.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you