Hi, I'm a new member from Sydney, Australia

11 Replies

"My wife and I are looking at investing in properties, we are newbies, so! if you have anything that would help steer us on the right path, we would appreciate the help".

A background of our current situation.

We are Self-employed

Been Self- Employed for 3years

We have a business ABN

We are registered for GST

Our capital growth Is assending and our monthly situation is 27k.

"We welcome your advise"

27K monthly income in pretty darn good.
Are you fazed by the exchange rate which makes your money worth 30% less?

@Sandy Ngatoro Welcome to the site! First steps would be to check out the BP blog and podcasts to define your niche.

You didn't mention if you intended to invest in Oz or the US? The cash flow opportunities here in the US far outweigh those in Australia, but the current exchange rate might be painful.

My wife and I are from the Hunter Valley (just north of you) and live in the US now. We invest in both countries and like them for different reasons. Good luck investing.

Thanks Aaron, ill start looking into the BP blogs and podcasts, also thanks for the welcome.  yes, my wife and I would like to invest abroad, in the US, NZ and Australia markets for investment opportunities.  once we have gained knowledge and built a solid foundation,with BiggerPockets then we look forward in keeping in contact with you. thanks again.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you