new from new jersey

7 Replies

Good morning Jennifer.  I am familiar with the Trenton area.  I am not sure what you are trying to do.  Do you already own a house in Trenton and you are looking for a tenant?  Your question says you are trying to find a new place...to rent/buy/live in yourself?  Are you living in the current one until you find a new place?  Looking to find in Trenton/Hamilton or Ewing?

Welcome to BP @Jennifer Nolan

Your question is a little unclear. Are you looking to rent to someone else a property you own now? Are you looking to rent a place for yourself to live? Are you looking for a new property that you can rent to someone else?

All of these scenarios will lead to a different answer. There is a ton of information here already and if you do a search you may find some answers that help.

@Ned Carey

Unrelated to this thread, but was reading it for the Trenton alert. Really like the feel of your blog, and just subscribed via Feedly.

My wife and I were in Baltimore last weekend. We were amazed at the beautiful and abundant properties. Caused us to think: What is going on here? Not quite sure how the market has been, but would love to hear your impressions.

What I am trying to do is rent out the home I currently live in with the idea of buying a larger home with a bit more property.  I haven't looked at any properties to buy yet but am just in the contemplation phase of things.  What is the process?

Jenn

@Trevor Ewen Baltimore is a city with tremendous architecture and spectacular old buildings. There are some really great parts of Baltimore and some wonderful things happening in the way of medical tech growth. Yet there is the poverty and lack of lower end jobs that is a drain on the city.

If you understand the city there is tremendous opportunity for investment. the ratio of rent to price is extremely good for investors right now.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you