New Member from NOLA

11 Replies

Hi Y'all!

I'm Kumba, recently relocated in New Orleans, I'm looking forward to kick starting a successful Real Estate Investment "carreer".

I'd like to thanks everybody in advance because I know I'll be  needing and getting a tremendous amount of help from many of you on this site.

I'm super excited to meet you and learn from you!

Cheers!

Hi @Kumba Diarra

I think that you've come to the right place to learn about real estate!

I hope that our site can help you with all of your real estate investing goals - we've got a ton of real estate investing resources here!

Feel free to reach out to me with any and all questions you might have about BiggerPockets, investing, or using our platform!

Hey @Kumba Diarra

Welcome to BP! It's a great community here. You will gain a TON of knowledge and who knows - maybe you'll even find a partner or two.

Knowing that there is a resource available to me that offers advice on pretty much any REI question has been a huge benefit to me and my business.

Investing in multi family properties by using as little of my own money as possible is my game. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in your journey!

A

@Kumba Diarra

Welcome to BiggerPockets the Best Real Estate site on the web.

You will find a lot of great information along with good and knowledgeable

people that are willing to answer any of your questions.

Check out the“Learn tab above” and download a free copy of

“The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing”.

You can listen and follow the “BiggerPockets and the #AskBP podcast.

Make it Happen

Steve

@James

Thanks  James. I own a 4 Family in NYC which has been really good to me. So I think that ultimately, I'd like to buy and hold duplex, triplex and quads types, but since I am studying the New Orleans market, I am not quite sure where to start. Maybe wholesaling to get my feet wet and get some seed $, what do you think?

@Ashley Wishinski

Thanks Ashley, I'm sure i'll hit you up with  a few questions because ultimately I'd like to keep investing in small multifamily housing with as little of my money as possible.

I look forward to picking your brain.

Thanks for the kind words.

@Kumba Diarra Thanks for the question.

Thanks James. I own a 4 Family in NYC which has been really good to me. So I think that ultimately, I'd like to buy and hold duplex, triplex and quads types, but since I am studying the New Orleans market, I am not quite sure where to start. Maybe wholesaling to get my feet wet and get some seed $, what do you think?

Wholesaling is always an option, but honestly if you're going to be living in New Orleans I'd suggest an owner-occupy/house-hack. Compared to a lot of other markets, there are a lot of multi-family properties in the city. A lot of them are in poor or fair condition, so with some re-habbing there could be some substantial upside. Plus rent rates are very high in New Orleans, which is obviously very good or bad depending on which side of the coin you are on.

Best of luck, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you