Excited to learn about real estate

6 Replies

HELLO!!! Names Nate from Kentucky. I am 21 years old and am looking to further my education in REI. I've been lurking around the site for a few days now and MAN!!! there's a lot to learn. My future goal (short/long term) is to become a full-time real estate investor. As far as strategies, I have taken an interest in rehabbing properties and also buying and holding. I am very eager/nervous/ a little overwhelmed but I embrace the challenge. I'm sure I will be asking tons of questions going forward so thanks in advance.

Welcome to BP @Nate Lewis Don't be too excited about doing real estate full time. Sometimes having a job with w-2 income can help you get financing. Full time real estate is great if you can do it, but it is hard work.  You are young. I wish I started at your age. 

If you just add a rental or two every year, you will be amazed at haw far you have come when you look back in a few years.

Welcome to the BP community @Nate Lewis

This is a great place to learn about all things real estate. Be sure to connect with other BP members and make some friends along the way. 

While you’re at it don't forget to set up keyword alerts for topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

If you haven't already, also check out The Beginner's Guide (http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing), it is packed full of great info. 

All the best in your RE ventures!

@Nate Lewis

Good luck Nate.  Pick a niche and learn as much as possible.  Once you think you are almost ready, jump in with a small deal.  Of you wait until you think you need to know it all, you will never pull the trigger

This site is a great resource with like minded hard working creative people

Ask questions and people will respond

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you