Hello from Western Washington and Northern Idaho

6 Replies

Hello,

My name is Carrie. I am excited to get to know everyone here and learn from your knowledge and experience. I am just starting out and have not purchased my first asset. It is my hope to do a buy and flip in the Northern Idaho area. Given my situation with being a student I am looking for an owner carry but if anyone can tell me how they managed to get an FHA or other loan when studying I would love to hear your tale. As I gain in knowledge I will be happy to help others.

Thank you for welcoming me to your community!

Carrie

Hey @Carrie O.  welcome to the site! Definitely start jumping into the community here! You might want to check out the Beginner’s Introduction to Real Estate Investing Course to help you get started.

Also -be sure to setup some keyword alerts - especially for "Port Townsend" so you can jump into local conversations.

See you around the forums!

Hi Carrie! Welcome! We are in Spokane and investing in primarily the valley area, but have "an asset" in Kellogg prior to joining this community. You'll find this site to be very helpful. We wished we had found it earlier than we did. Again welcome aboard. Enjoy!

Hello Jonna, I am looking to invest in the Sandpoint area. I agree N. Idaho is like heaven on earth. :) 

Hello and Thank you Brandon, I have set up some alerts and have joined the Udemy course!

Hello Ken, Thank you for your welcome! I agree, I am very grateful to have found this community. Do you enjoy having your investments in the valley area? I assume Spokane valley.

Thanks again everyone! 

Hello @Carrie O.

I'm new to the forums as i see you are too, but have been researching real estate for some time. Currently living in Sandpoint and working with a partner to start the leap of faith. 

I would love to chat if you are ever in Sandpoint one of these days.  Having people around to bounce ideas off of can be very helpful. Hopefully you see this post as its an older forum.

Anyways if you are interested PM me. 

Jon

Hey @Carrie O. !

Fellow Port Townsend person here. I realize this post is a few months old, but I thought I'd comment on the thread anyways. There is TONS of great information here and excellent resources. I love the podcasts and listen to them regularly. Plus, the calculators are VERY helpful, even if you're just practicing. Anyways, welcome to Biggerpockets!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you