New to real estate investing needing help

13 Replies

Hi

I run a small business in Glendale for last few years. I want to start focusing on real estate investing in Phoenix market. I would love to meet people who love sharing their experience in real estate! My short term goal is to start into buying and flipping homes. However I'm not exactly sure where I need to start and what price or ratio would be a good deal on a house? Open to opinions! :)

Welcome to BP @Neil Patel What you are asking about is how to evaluate a deal. This is a key to being successful in real estate. There is great info under the learn tab like the beginners guide and lots of posts here about the subject so a search would be useful.

Also there are tools under the analyze tab.

Thank you all !! I will definitely start at the learning tabs and pod casts!
I have lots of questions! Lol I'm hoping to learn and get them answered here.
How to evaluate a property?
How much price to pay for a home based how much rent should I receive? I read a 2% rule but here in Arizona it's really uncommon to get that much based of a single family home. A house prices at 100k will not rent over $1k!
If I'm paying cash, should I be looking for a house at a appraised value or much lower? If so, how much lower?

How much price to pay for a home based how much rent should I receive? I read a 2% rule but here in Arizona it's really uncommon to get that much based of a single family home. A house prices at 100k will not rent over $1k!
If I'm paying cash, should I be looking for a house at a appraised value or much lower? If so, how much lower?

@Laura Lange . What type of investment are you looking into? Are you finding properties with an agent? What do you consider to be a great deal?

@Neil Patel welcome to BP. I am also new to REI. I think I have listened to almost all the pod cast that are available here on BP. I also read both books on flipping houses and how to estimate rehabs by J.Scott. Very informative books. I would suggest you to start there. There is a lot of information to learn and it might be overwhelming at times but just start with the easy steps. Well good luck.

Hi and welcome to BP. Wishing you the best for the future, but in the mean time, I would be listening to all podcasts, visiting REIA meetings and network, and do a lot of reading. Brandon has a list of books that he likes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you