New Investor in MD

6 Replies

Hi everyone, I am a pretty new BP member and have been obsessed with this forum since I stumbled upon it...tons of great information! Thanks to all of you that donate your time and knowledge to help newbies. One question; I currently live in Frederick, MD and have not found any local networking groups. It looks like there is one in Hagerstown and a bunch in Baltimore, but nothing in between. Any advice from my fellow Marylanders? Thanks!

We have a local BP meetup in Rockville/Gaithersburg, but that's probably not any closer than the Hub City Reia in Hagerstown. We do have a couple of people from Frederick who attend though. I invest in Frederick as well, (as well as in other parts of the DC Metro area). I think Frederick offers a lot of opportunities for both but and hold as well as flips.

I know of the one in Hagerstown but never heard of one in Frederick. I would check "Meetup" and see if a group has formed there. There are a ton of small meetup investing groups. It is certainly worth the time to travel to investing groups from time to time. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you