New to Kansas City

5 Replies

My name is Luke, I am currently a college basketball coach in Michigan. I own two rentals in Hillsdale, a 5 bed 2 bath college rental and a duplex that is rented out to young professionals that work at the college. It's a pretty sweet set up.  My wife just started chiropractor school in Kansas City  and now I am looking to expand my portfolio and buy a multi-family in the Kansas City area. I do not know the area very well other than my wife currently lives in the Overland Park area and she love it. Any help, support, advise would be greatly appreciated! 

Luke,

Welcome to BP. I graduated from Hillsdale in 2007-nice to meet another Charger on BP. I actually own a few properties in KC and would be happy to share my experience. I will shoot you a note. 

@Luke Laser I own houses in Kansas city and I am happy to refer you to people who have knowledge about the area. There is a good rei group named www.marie.org where you can go to meetings to meet other investors and learn more.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you