Newbie Psychologist/Football Coach from Los Angeles

6 Replies

Salutations! 

I'm a football coaching school psychologist, born and raised in sunny Los Angeles.  27, fresh out of grad school, and ready to get rich quick... just kidding! 

I have always been fascinated by real estate and the people who own it, even as a child. I would love to eventually have one of those success stories we read and hear about so often; 0 to 30 or even 50 units in 5 or 10 years. I am particularly fascinated with buy and hold strategies using multifamily properties.

I love my full time job and my addiction to football is incurable, so I don't have a very strong desire to do real estate full time and quit my occupations. From what I understand, having a full time job and income - and enjoying it - puts me at a good starting place. Add to this the fact that I am unmarried... I should be unstoppable ;-)

My goal is to maximize monthly cashflow through buying and holding multifamily properties. I realize that LA is one of the worst markets to be in for this, so I am open to out of state investing as well.

I would love to connect with other investors here not only to learn myself, but also to become a valuable member of this incredible community. Hopefully I can one day join the ranks of the people here who answer the questions, in addition to asking them. 

Thanks for reading!

@Account Closed Welcome to BP! I'm a newbie as well. I joined about a week ago. There is a lot of great information in the forums, and people who are willing to give great advice from experience. 

I'm also a new real estate agent with Coldwell Banker, about 3 months in so let me know if you need any help in that aspect because I'm ready to start experiencing more.

@Japeth CarterThanks for reading man! I'll definitely be contacting you about prospective properties. I'm still learning about how to evaluate investments. I understand all the math, but it's the concepts I want to get solid before I jump in - I don't want to simply get good at plugging in numbers in a calculator lol. 

I'll use calculators and cheat when I don't have the need to cheat anymore haha.

Sounds awesome! Sounds like you have a great gig (and in Pasadena...awesome), and getting started in REI early. I love it.

I live in Venice and have always bought out-of-state as well.

I have gotten so much awesome feedback and made so many connections here already! I'm working on my business plan and narrowing my options. I am going to be posting it here in a few days and see what everyone thinks. 

I'm so glad and thankful I found this place!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you