Introduction

10 Replies

Hello BP members!

I recently joined the community and every day is a new discovery. So much information and great resources! I just love the Podcasts!

As for my background, I have a little experience in Real Estate investing, in the Canadian environment (full remodel of a 1948 house, 2 years of corporate leasing, sold my house by myself).

My husband and I moved a short while ago in Dallas, Texas.We are originally from the province of Quebec in Canada.This big change brought me to seize the opportunity and go full time in Real Estate. It is quite a challenge, but I am up to it! I am exploring the options and the following interests me most:

- Tax Overages and Tax Liens for minimal starting investment and to get in the action,

- Occasional rehabs for relatively quick capital building (and because I love it!!!)

- Rentals for the cash flow.

My goal is to have over 200 units in 4 years, and be a successful and happy business woman!

Looking forward to meet you, either virtualy, in a RE club or for a coffee! :)

Guylaine

Hi @Guylaine Dore ,

Did you at any point work for a company called Oberthur (circa 2002-2004)?

200 units in 4 years! That's a very aggressive target you have there! Were you inspired by Grant Cordone's 10X book? :)

Good luck and welcome to BP!

@Philippe Laurin

Hello Philippe!  Yes, I was working at Oberthur!  Actually, I left this September to move to Dallas, Texas, after 14 years.  The world is so small!  So you are in real estate too... How great! Tell me more :)

I did not knew about the book of Grant Cordone, but took note of it and will read it.  I do have quite a big objective, I know, but every person who experience great success says that they should have had greater expectations, because when you are seriously taking action towards your goal, with continuous determination, you achieve them.  Let's see in 4 years!

Welcome to BP.  I'm brand new to RE learning and I love the podcasts to help me soak up information while I'm in the car or cleaning house.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you