Jumped in the deep end - Toledo Ohio

10 Replies

Well, Maumee Ohio, actually. 

My name is Chelsea - I've been reading (lurking) on Biggerpockets and other real estate websites and forums for probably the last year or so, and together with my husband Dave, finally jumped in the deep end. We bid on a foreclosure in Maumee at a sheriffs auction and are planning to rent it out once repairs are finished. It will be our first rental property.

My goal in real estate is mostly to buy, fix & hold SFHs and <4 unit multifamily properties until we net somewhere around $100,000 per year. 

I am hoping to get my real estate license in January, and will use my experience in internet marketing, commercial & drone photography, and research skills to specialize in listing and selling high end properties.

@Chelsea Ziss I totally feel you on the whole nervous thing.  I'm lucky to have a great friend providing me a no cost roof over my head so I don't have to worry about being homeless if I lose all of my money.  BUT, yea I'm still scared.  But I looking at properties, trying to find some that make sense to put an offer on.  If I could only find one of those pesky deals.  Hopefully I'm using the Analysis tool correctly.

@Chelsea Ziss congrats on the first purchase. Once you rent out the first one , you probably will start looking for the next one. Toledo is a great market for cashflow. How much are you going to rent the house for?

Originally posted by @Gordon Cuffe:

@Chelsea Zisscongrats on the first purchase. Once you rent out the first one , you probably will start looking for the next one. Toledo is a great market for cashflow. How much are you going to rent the house for?

Local market indicates we should get around $750 - it's a 2 bed 1 bath.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you