Greetings from Seattle, Washington.

22 Replies

BiggerPockets -

Hello! My name is Jordan, born and raised in the Greater Seattle Area(Bellevue). I originally joined this site back in 2012 but never posted. A few years out of college I was finally able to pick up a single family home in the Renton area. I currently reside in that SFR and rent out rooms.

I am making this post so I hopefully start becoming more involved in the BP community.  My current goals for real estate are to obtain cash flow properties.  Right now I am just saving as much cash as possible so when a good deal comes in I can swoop in.  I don't think I would be really into flipping, as the DIY projects I am doing on my house now are enough in itself!

I would love to grab coffee or a drink after work with anyone in the Seattle area.  I am a fairly competitive guy and being around people who are more accomplished than me really stokes a fire. 

As for me as a person...  I enjoy working out and wasting my money in the stock market.  I converted my garage into a full gym so if any of you guys/gals out there want to stop, lift weights, and talk about real estate send me a message.

Looking forward to building some great relationships on BP.

Signing out!

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

I recently moved to Seattle area from Pittsburgh PA. I have rented my house in Pittsburgh and am currently renting in Belltown. I am looking to get into SFR long term hold investing. Just like you, I dont think I am a fix and flip kind of a guy. I would love to meet with you and grab a drink one of these days. Weekends or week days after 6pm work best for me. I look forward to meeting with you.

Preetham

Welcome to you both. A great place to meet other local investors is at the meet up on Friday night in Kirkland.  Search BP or meetup for the PacificNW Real Estate meetup. 

@Troy Fisher set this one up. 

Lots of other buy and hold investors, property managers, sellers and other REI will be there enjoying drinks and getting to know each other.

Hi @Jordan Low , I'm also a born and raised Seattle investor and property manager. My husband and I will be attending the meetup in Kirkland on Friday, it will be our first. My husband is Canadian and is looking to make local real estate friends like yourself to get to know the market better and talk strategy - add in a workout and he'd be in heaven! Let me know if you want to meetup. =) 

Welcome Jordan! 

Wish we didn't live across the state from you in the Spokane area. We would otherwise be glad to meet! 

The best to your success!

Hello! I am also new here, and will try to make Friday's meetup in Kirkland. Jordan, since you mentioned you'd like to surround yourself with successful people, I agree that's a great path to take. That said, I'm not very experienced yet, but do manage 2 rental apartments in Pennsylvania, and own a home I rent out in Texas. I am hoping to purchase in the Seattle area for a fix & flip or demolish a single home & build townhomes on the land within the next 12 months. 

Hi Jordan, 

I have a similar story, also started with my first sfr in Renton, renting rooms. I have since then got a few more properties, but it certainly was the best way to get started! 

I live in Renton highlands, so feel free to reach out. Maybe you can get me to lift some weights.... 

@Jordan Low

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Congratulations on getting started. You're doing a form of house hacking. Nice having a personal gym in your garage.

At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.

Enjoy as you prosper.....

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)

I wish I could attend the meet up in Kirkland but I have dinner plans at 7.  

How often are these meetups and how can I get on a list?

Thanks,

Jordan

Welcome Jordan, I am new here as well! I'm just up in Bothell and have friends in Renton that I visit every now and again.  Let me know if you want to meet up and talk shop some time.

Check out the "Events & Happenings" under the "Network tab above to find out what the peeps are up to in the greater Seattle area and across the nation!

Originally posted by @Jordan Low :

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)

I wish I could attend the meet up in Kirkland but I have dinner plans at 7.  

How often are these meetups and how can I get on a list?

Thanks,

Jordan

Every month on the eastside!

Originally posted by @Jordan Low :

I would love to grab coffee or a drink after work with anyone in the Seattle area.  I am a fairly competitive guy and being around people who are more accomplished than me really stokes a fire. 

Hello Jordan, and welcome to BP Nation. You may want to look up @Alex Chin , he always has good advice and is very helpful; he's local as well.

Although I am probably not as competitive as you, I excel at coffee drinking, and I could probably beat you handily at any Peet's coffee drinking competition. Srsly, pm me if you need and Snohomish info, I have some databases that are a lot handier than the county's attempts. 

Take it easy!

Hello @Jordan Low . @Doug M. is being too generous, a lot of what I have to say is just common sense stuff that other investors know intuitively, but just need a little reassurance on. Incidentally, Doug is a great guy to connect with for property data, touch base with him and let him know what sort of information you would find useful.

I would make it a point to touch base with @Brian Fouts and @Ryland Taniguchi , both of them are very accomplished investors and may be able to point you in the right direction as far as cash-flow properties are concerned, both do a significant amount of out of state investing for buy-holds.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you