32yrs of love for housing from afar

2 Replies

I have always loved the housing market. Through a few(okay more than a few) of life's obstacles and some pretty scary life advice, I have managed to put off my dreams of flipping houses and owning investment properties for going on 14 years now. I am 32 by the way and I'm ready to make my own mistakes or successes the way I want and that is with my original dream, investing in real estate. any advice on how to get started would be great. I have spent so much of my time dodging any risk thinking that would make my life better and it hasn't. So, while I appreciate a "Watch Out!!" warning from seasoned pros, taking a little risk in my life wouldn't be so bad. I don't have a lot of money. I have just repaired my credit. I am currently looking at a property that needs some TLC in an area where I live that could make okay money but its what I can afford.

Good luck on your new journey. I know its exciting and scary at the same time. I cant give a lot of advice but I can say make sure you do your homework but most important of all is to take action.

I love your attitude @Stephanie Gonzalez .  You have to jump in at some point.  The more time you can spend on BP, the more comfortable you'll feel and the better decisions you'll make.  Listen to all the podcasts, sign up for the webinar and make dates to meet local investors.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you