New member from Boston MA

4 Replies

Hey everyone, new member here. I recently started to browse BP and i have got to say, this is the best community on the Internet (shout out to Brandon Turner). I am looking forward to learning everything about real estate from all of you.

Fun fact about myself, I recently made a conscious decision to stop my career as a drug dealer after 1 year and decided to fully apply myself to real estate. Being a dope boy is cool, the money is good, but I value my legacy, freedom and success too much. What I love about these two games is that there is no limit to how much money you can make, but in real estate, I won't have anybody trying to stick a gun to my head and I'll be able to sleep well at night.

I want you guys opinion on this. Can I work as a real estate agent & a mortgage loan officer at the same time? Would a position as a mortgage loan officer be beneficial if I want to wholesaler? Your opinions are appreciated. I want to learn everything about this business. What takes people 10 years I want to be able to do in 1 year.

@Tri Nguyen Welcome.

I believe the life span of RE Investors is probably longer than that of your former occupation.

You got a trust issue, so I'd bury that occupation and any reference to it in the backyard, IMHO.

You can become any one of the 20 occupations (or become all of them at once) that potentially make a deal but those are only ancillary jobs. The REAL money is in becoming a Real Estate Investor that calls the shots for all those 20 services. Bigger Risk can provide a Bigger Return.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you