Justin From Pittsburgh

10 Replies

Hey, this is Justin from Pittsburgh. I'm interested in making multiple acquisitions in multi-family homes, hotels, and single family vacation homes, both nationally and internationally. I have no investment background. However, I am educating myself on this industry. I want to become the type of investor, and developer, that leaves a green footprint in communities; keeps communities in tact, while fostering new growth and development. I hope there is a mentor out there who is willing to point me in the right direction! 

Thanks!

~Justin.

Hey @Justin P.  welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

See you around the site!

Justin,

That is a noble goal but pretty broad.  I recommend identifying one sector in one area and becoming an expert on that.  It will help you actually take action and buy something otherwise you will spend ages trying to understand everything which is impossible.  Real estate might be local but the different property types and different markets nationally and internationally are incredibly complex.

Hello good sir!!

We are super excited to have you apart of the BP family now!

Initially I began my investing career looking into fix and flips, then shifted my attention to the Notes side of the business. I found that area to be an excellent opportunity to create passive income and strong capital gains.
Looking forward to connecting with you, who knows maybe even do a deal together

Originally posted by @Greg Parker :

Justin,

That is a noble goal but pretty broad.  I recommend identifying one sector in one area and becoming an expert on that.  It will help you actually take action and buy something otherwise you will spend ages trying to understand everything which is impossible.  Real estate might be local but the different property types and different markets nationally and internationally are incredibly complex.

Absolutely agree. I'm going to start with single family homes to build my base. Ideally scaling up my business in the order I previously mentioned. I really want to do bigger projects as I enhance my knowledge and experience in investing. Thanks for your feedback!

Originally posted by:

Hey  welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

See you around the site!

~Thanks! I've already learned a lot, I appreciate the information!

Originally posted by @Roland Thomas :

Hello good sir!!

We are super excited to have you apart of the BP family now!

Initially I began my investing career looking into fix and flips, then shifted my attention to the Notes side of the business. I found that area to be an excellent opportunity to create passive income and strong capital gains.
Looking forward to connecting with you, who knows maybe even do a deal together

~Thanks for your response. Please shareshare titles of any books you have readread, or formal classes you have taken that helped you reach your goals. I definitely want to do business, big business! Like I mentioned, I'm trying to get into large units, such as multi-family, hotels, vacation estates/villas; and if possible commercial real estate. I've been reading, and have noticed that it may take multiple investors to make acquisitions at larger scales. So please keep in touch, never know what lies ahead! 

Hi @Justin P. - You definitely have the right frame of mind in seeking a mentor - a seasoned local investor can be invaluable in helping you learn the tricks of the trade here.

Just be careful that you set expectations correctly for yourself and for the mentor - most of the time that I've sought the advice of a mentor, they've directed me to some resource or material.

Perhaps this guide, "The Ultimate Guide to Finding Incredible Mentors" can help you start your search for a mentor that will help you in your real estate journey!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you