New to site/real estate market/up in Lawrence MA.

3 Replies

Hello to all, my name is Jose Pena, and I'm from Lawrence MA. I was doing some research on finding simple ways to get familiar with real estate, and I came across this site on the almighty Google.

I thought I should look into it and see what it has to offer newbies like myself to learn about the real estate market. The format of peer learning seemed interesting 

I'm currently employed as a Project Manager at an environmental company. I'm looking to own my a home and/or maybe become a landlord one of these days.

I look forward to learning from everyone what experiences they've had, and to hopefully avoid making some foolish mistakes. 

Hi @Jose Pena

Welcome to BiggerPockets - it's great to see more folks deciding to get into REI!

I'd encourage you to reach out to more experienced investors in your area! There is no substitute for being physically present with experienced investors.

I'm always happy to help point you in the right direction for resources or tools on BiggerPockets that can help you with your REI goals!

Hi @Jose Pena

You made a great decision to join this site. There is lots of information on all topics REI.

All I will add is you should set your keyword alerts and also pick 2-3 REIAs and start attending regularly.

The Chelmsford REIA is probably the best one near you.

Good Luck!

Rob

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you