Omaha members

19 Replies

Hey, I'm an out of state investor and am looking for my 1st investment property in Omaha. 

I plan to make a trip to Omaha March 2-4 to drive some of the SW markets and meet with my brokers and lenders. 

Is there a local REIA mtg scheduled during that time? I would love to come by.

Also, would be great to be connected to local property managers and general contractors. Any recommendations for companies to reach out to?

@Christopher Erwin  I am a local investor in Omaha.  DVG Realty has been managing my portfolio for the last two years in Omaha and Lincoln.  They deal with a number of out of state investors and are the best management I have found in Omaha.   What type of properties are you looking for in Omaha?

Hey @Ben Katt , thanks for the info. I'm targeting small multi families (2-4 units), primarily in the SW region. I'm also reviewing larger multifamies with a group of investors, though smaller is more actionable since I'd be the sole investor.

@Christopher Erwin  Ask for Jeri or Todd if you call DVG.  They would be a great resource, even if you are planning on tracking down deals and managing everything yourself.  What is bringing you to Omaha?  Do you have any connections here, or are you just following higher returns than in CA?  I have been somewhat surprised the last couple of years how many CA buyers have made their way to Omaha.

Hey @Ben Katt , thanks for the info. I have a few mentors in Omaha, so I'm learning from them and leveraging their connections in the local Omaha market. And yes, the returns and entry prices are much more reasonable than west side in LA, where homes typically start at $1mm+. I actually just got my first Omaha duplex under contract over the weekend, hoping for a swift close!

Good Morning Guys,

I've been working to farm certain areas of Omaha for multifamily properties to provide leads for purchasing a property without having to rely on the MLS.

If you're looking for properties, I'm actively seeking parties interested in purchasing, if the property fits your needs, I'd be your representation to get the deal done. I focus more so on the 5+ units/ commercial real estate investing - but I'm coming across more and more 2-4 units that I'd like to present to buyer's.

Maybe we can meet for coffee?

Thanks

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you