Beginner with my dad

8 Replies

welcome!

Great to meet you! I am a buy and hold investor. You will love this site as it has a wealth of information. Definitly check out the podcasts, blog and forums. There is tons of great info.

Look forward to seeing you around

Hi Cody,

Welcome to the site. You can learn pretty much everything you need to know to get started here.

As far as the wholesaling idea, you may want to double check the SD real estate laws.  You WILL need a license to do any kind of commission based work in this state and the laws have been setup to block wholesalers pretty heavily. There may be a work around to do what you're looking to do, but to my knowledge wholesaling has basically be declared illegal in this state as far as most people understand the option.

If you do find the work around let me know!

Welcome to you as well Ryan, I'll be sure to let you guys know when we plan to meet again after the holidays!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you