Sam Harris Here!

14 Replies

Hello to the BP family!
My name is Sam Harris and I can't describe how excited I am to have found the BP community! A Friend informed me about this amazing FREE resource and I have to say I have already learnt soooo much! I have been listing to the podcasts all day and any chance I get I'm on the blogs reading anything and everything that catches my eye.
I am based in Queens, New York and thank G-d I found work with a residential real estate investment company. We are a small company and I'm spending all day looking for wholesale acquisitions.
I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone here. I love how this community seems to magnetize people looking to give back real value to the community at large while learning themselves and I am hoping to find my way to contribute back to the community!
Please feel free to give me a ping if you are from the Queens area or if you share my excitement for this wonderful resource!
Also I am very curious about what a small fry guy like me can contribute to the community so if anyone has some ideas please post below!
Sam Harris signing out!

@Sam Harris.  Welcome!

I live in Queens and is actively expanding  my rental portfolio.  I only has one rental in NYC which I house hacked.

Cash flow from rents is hard, but I know there are still reasonable deals if I look hard enough and be patient.

I'm more active in secondary markets.  My recent acquisitions are in Lehigh Valley.

However, I'm looking to connect with others.  My goal is to acquire a small apartment building with 5 or more units.

Please connect with me if you are interested in networking or providing me with leads.

@Shmuel Harris Welcome to the BP community. Congratulations on your first step towards your goals. I'm from Brooklyn NY, maybe we can get to know each other, and see how each of us can benefit from each other.

Happy investing!

Welcome to Biggerpockets! If I could recommend one book to get started it would be The ONE Thing by Gary Keller & Jay Papasan. It has excellent advice on how to structure ones thoughts around both life and business.

@Shmuel Harris

Welcome aboard the vibrant BP community. You already have some experience

and with additional effort, will quickly climb the REI ladder to its pinnacle.

To be more successful, you simply have to work on the other elements to

progress your REI pursuit. Below are some quick links to get engaged on this site.

REI books suggested by BPers

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums,

Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.

Continue to feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs and webinars

Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges

and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

Originally posted by @Shmuel Harris :

Hello to the BP family!
My name is Sam Harris and I can't describe how excited I am to have found the BP community! A Friend informed me about this amazing FREE resource and I have to say I have already learnt soooo much! I have been listing to the podcasts all day and any chance I get I'm on the blogs reading anything and everything that catches my eye.
I am based in Queens, New York and thank G-d I found work with a residential real estate investment company. We are a small company and I'm spending all day looking for wholesale acquisitions.
I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone here. I love how this community seems to magnetize people looking to give back real value to the community at large while learning themselves and I am hoping to find my way to contribute back to the community!
Please feel free to give me a ping if you are from the Queens area or if you share my excitement for this wonderful resource!
Also I am very curious about what a small fry guy like me can contribute to the community so if anyone has some ideas please post below!
Sam Harris signing out!

Welcome Sam.

@Shmuel Harris You are welcome and thanks for asking.

Actually, in 2013 I made the decision to initiate my REI business out of State and in the metro Atlanta area specifically.

This tough decision came about as a result of my inability to scale the business in New York due to our high priced market in the areas that attracted my attention.

I am very happy with that decision and now focused on growing the business in Atlanta and beyond.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you