Newbie from Pasadena, CA

12 Replies

Hi Guys,

My name is James, I'm 26 years old and a professional musician in the Los Angeles County area. I am married and recently had my first baby 6 months ago. I am really interested in jumping in head first into the real estate investor community. I want the best for my family and that is a strong reason for why I've decided to start moving this direction. If you guys have any advice for getting started I'd love to hear it. 

Best,

James

Hi Gary,

Welcome to BP, this is a great website and resource for all types of real estate investing.

I suggest you do a lot of research here, do not spend a lot of money listening to coaches, it would be much better to put that money to work and learn from experience specially with all the material you have in this site.

Additionally, there are many real estate clubs out there, go, select your favorite and meet other investors working your area. In fact, this week is Bill Tan's RE club in Arcadia (right next to you), check it out here:

http://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Asian-Real-Estat....

Cheers! see you around...

Welcome James!  I'm a big fan of the BP podcasts thus far, I'd recommend that as a great way to start learning.  It's a good way to hear from experienced people and try to sort out which strategy or strategies will work best for you.  That and read, read, read - books and on the forums.  Good luck!

James,  

Hi.  Welcome.  BP, the site and the podcasts are great resources.  Also, check out the Pasadena FIBI (for investors, by investors) coming up on the 18th.  

Michelle 

Thanks Everyone! @Ali Boone  me and my wife are currently deciding that but are currently doing a lot of reading before we make a final decision. I think the route we are thinking of going currently is between the buy and hold method and flipping single family homes. 

Hi.  Okay, it looks like I made a mistake because of the holiday.  FIBI usually meets the 3rd thursday - so it actually would have been the 17th.  However, the greater FIBI is having a holiday event down in Long Beach on Dec 10 so that must have taken the local meeting for this month.  

You can join the Meetup to get notices of upcoming meetings.    

http://www.meetup.com/FIBI-Real-Estate-Pasadena/

Hey James,

It was great meeting you yesterday, it was a cool presentation, hope you enjoyed the presentation and the club.

I try to be at Bill's meeting every month but sometimes life gets in the way.

I'll see you around. Cheers!

Hey man,

Thanks again for the introduction to the group. Learned a lot and made some great connections. We'll be in touch soon I'm sure!

- James

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you