New member from New Mexico

4 Replies

I'm new here and feel fortunate to have found this forum.

To introduce myself,

I build/renovate houses under a general contractor. Right now I am getting as much education as I can as I have goals of investing in real estate and flipping houses.

Looking for mentor in the Santa Fe area. If anyone is in the fix and flip business I am looking to tap into your knowledge. I am also interested in creative financing.

Anyone interested in my skills and knowledge and would like to share in theirs message me!

Welcome @Brandon Montoya !  There was some talk about getting a BP meetup together in Santa Fe.  What do you do for the GC?  Make sure to come down to Albuquerque for the ACRE meeting (https://acrenm.com/wp/).  

We close on the sale side of our Santa Fe flip in less than a week!  Feel free to do a drive by and check it out, the address is 1019 Calle Margarita, 87507.

We had a very interesting experience working up in Santa Fe.  Everything is more challenging up their.  For example, in for service upgrades in ABQ, only 2 ground rods are required.  In SF, they required a cold water ground.  The division of PNM that works in SF has no sense of urgency.

Good luck and please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks! Awesome, I would like to attend that when the date is finalized. I do some plumbing, drywall, some electrical, etc.
Wow thanks for the input; I was wondering how the market is in northern NM. Seems you can be more successful in the ABQ area.

Don't give up so easily, I still want to get a Santa Fe meet up going and I would love to do more deals up there.  Maybe we can coordinate something.  Evenings probably work best for people, lets pick a place and go for it!  Even if its just the two of us.  

I am supposed to close on the sale of the Calle Margarita House on Wednesday, I could run up there and we could do a meet up and tour the house in the afternoon if anyone is interested.  

Hi @Brandon MontoyaI think that mentors can be an incredible blessing to investors - I've been really lucky and have had some great ones myself.

I definitely struggled to find some great mentors myself, however, and I think that my experience could perhaps be of value to you!

In case you are interested - I wrote about my experience finding mentors in this"Ultimate Guide to Finding Incredible Mentors"- I hope that it helps you with your search!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you