New Investor from Northern KY

9 Replies

Hello,

I am still relatively new to REI, but this past August I purchased my first duplex using an FHA loan. My full time job is in the insurance industry (commercial casualty) and got into real estate because of a friend of mine at work. He changed my perspective from that of a "renter" to an "owner". My goal with real estate is to create a viable second source of income to provide security for both my fiancé and I. So far BP seems like a great place to grow and learn along the way!

Thanks,

Matt Madar

@Matt Madar welcome to the BP and REI community! Congratz on taking your first steps toward financial freedom! House hacking is a great way to build up equity and cash for more REI. BP is the perfect place to learn all there is to know about real estate.

Good luck in all your future REI ventures.

Ben, as of right now I am staying in Kentucky. I have looked at a few in Cincinnati, but found that the property tax seems to be much higher and potential returns would be greater in KY. I also set a rule with myself to stay within 10 minutes of downtown Cincinnati with this first owner-occupy.

Hi Matt,

I'm also in the same (Cincinnati) area, and have been debating whether to start out in Cincinnati or NKY. My familiarity with Cincinnati neighborhoods is fairly vast, but I have heard that property taxes can be better in NKY. What's your take on it? Do you have any specific examples to share what you mean about potential returns being greater in NKY?

Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you