New member in Holly Springs, NC

6 Replies

Hello all,

I'm new to the BiggerPockets community and joined because I think real estate can be a great investment and create some "off-the-job" income.  I currently have no properties and I want to learn as much as I can before making any decisions.

I am originally from Texas (Lubbock) and I work as an agronomist for Pioneer.  To help clear that up, I am a crop scientist for DUPONT.  I've been in the Raleigh for about 4 years now and feel like there are great opportunities with the large numbers of colleges close by.  I am also looking at possible out of town locations to buy with the large number of military locations within the state.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community.

Have a great 2016.

Welcome to BP Aaron! You will find great people and resources here. Funny, I was just looking at Lubbock for opportunities last month. Yes, the Raleigh area has the research triangle and college students galore. I think you are in a great place to invest. I buy and hold out of CA because it makes the best ROI for me. Good luck!

All the best,

Lauren

Aaron,

Welcome to BP and to the Triangle! As inspector, I work with investment clients and personal residence clients. As an investor, I look for a fix and flip and buy-and-hold opportunities. I'd love to get together for lunch sometime this week if you would.

Britt Treece

Welcome to BP Aaron,

A bunch of great folks from the area on the forums. I lived over 8 years in Abilene when I was flying for the Air Force, and happy to provide any insight for your military objectives.  @Dawn Brenengen is originally from Fayetteville, and I down the road so you have some good resources here.  Feel free to reach out anytime.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you