Newbie looking for advice in Atlanta, GA

1 Reply

Hey, 

My name is Roddrick Jones, and I am a recent December graduate of Savannah State University (GO TIGERS!). I am 23 years old with no experience in real estate investing AT ALL; however I am willing to dedicated 200% into learning, and working with experienced investors. I have read Rich Dad Poor Dad, Rich Dad's Cash Flow Quadrant, Think and Grow Rich, The Richest Man in Babylon, The Laws of Success, The Beginner Guide to Real Estate Investing, and plenty more. Lately I have been dedicating most of my time learning here on BP, and I really would like to get started in Fix and Flip, then eventually move to BUY and Hold. I am currently looking to dive in RE investing head first,  I have no starting capital or  experience; however I have TON of DRIVE. I  I feel that this is the best time for me to get started because I am a fresh out of school, I am currently trying to build a real estate investing business, and I have a lot of time on my hands because I recently moved back home with my family. What is the best way for an anxious newbie like my self to get started?

Hey @Roddrick Jones  welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

Also - here's a couple articles you might enjoy:

The 21 Best Real Estate Investing Books Ever

How to Start Investing In Real Estate at a Young Age

Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

See you around the site!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you