Ben Lause
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
New Member in Cincinnati

Ben Lause
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Jan 16 2016, 09:31

Hey All,

My name's Ben, I'm 26, working full time, and just getting started with my real estate adventure. My plan is to begin with a house hacking strategy in a duplex/multi family this year with an FHA loan. I figure I can live there for a year or two, save as much money as I can, and put money down towards another multi family unit or single family unit depending on what makes more financial sense at that time.

I'd like to stay focused on multi family / single family units for rentals that would allow me to build equity and earn passive income.  The endgame here would be to build a large enough portfolio that would allow me to be a full time investor and have financial freedom.  I'm currently reading the bigger pockets "The Book on Rental Property Investing" and listening to the BP podcast.  If you have any suggestions on what to read / what not to read that would be great.  Also, any information on getting started and which areas around the Cincinnati area that would work best for these types of rentals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone!

Loading replies...