Buy & Hold (Dayton, OH)

5 Replies

Ken Faler here from Dayton, OH. First time on BP. I am trying to aggressively purchase and grow the number of single family rental homes I have. I am 33 yrs old and have acquired close to 100 houses over the past 10 years, 83 of which I still hold as long term rentals the remainder being sold as flips. I use private mortgages to fund the acquisition and rehab at 10% then use bank financing to take out the private lender between months 12 and 18, then move onto the next one. I prefer the 3 bed 1 bath brick ranch for $55K all-in that rents for about $800-850 per month. Starting to consider apartment buildings but struggle to find them at $0.70 to $0.80 on the dollar which is what I would need for my takeout refi to maintain the equity spread which so far has allowed me to grow up to this point.

Hey @Ken Faler

I am in springboro too! We should meet up for a coffee or something to discuss investing. I'm sure we can help each other somehow.

Best Regards,

Jay

Christina nice to hear from you as well, trying to enter the social media world I guess, I am going to try and make the next Logan's RE meeting, thanks for adding me to the Facebook group! 

Thanks Elizabeth! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you