New member from Spokane, WA.

7 Replies

Hello all BP!

My name is Jose, born and raised in Yakima but moved to Spokane in 2013. 

My current career is an apprentice concrete finisher In Local 72. While I love what I do, I would like to retire a healthy and sane(have you ever met a retired concrete finisher?-lol) human being. I also would like to be able to spend summers with my family instead of working 80 hours a week!

Part of my plan is to find a mentor locally that would teach me the ways of wholesalin but mostly focus on flips and buy and holds for the future. While I am enjoying all the plethora of info here, there is so much I still am unclear about(mostly finer details). 

Great to be here and a big thanks in advance to all the awesome people who share with all the world!

Welcome to Biggerpockets! @Jose Covarrubias Have you listened to any of the webinars that @Brandon Turner has done? If not, you definitely have to do that! Also, check to see if there are any local meetups of BP members by doing a search. That's a great way to meet other investors both new and experienced, and network. Good luck! enjoy the site! 

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I didn't realize there were so many from my area!  

I have been listening to the podcasts, reading blogs and forums for a few months now. I was hoping on going to the last REI meetup here recently but had other plans already lined up that night. Hopefully I can make it to the next one.

@Matt Sewell , you have a message. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you