Debra Lamm
  • Akron, OH
Votes |
New member Akron/NE Ohio - Single Family Buy and Hold

Debra Lamm
  • Akron, OH
Posted Feb 5 2016, 13:39

Hello Everyone!

I am a newbie coming out of lurker mode.  I am originally from Pittsburgh, have been living in Akron, OH for about 18 years.  I am currently in higher education in enrollment management with several master's degrees, but have always been interested in all things real estate. For the past several months, I have been reading everything that I can get my hands on and listening to the podcasts. My plan is to use a HELOC on my primary residence for a down payment for my first rental. Right now, I know that I plan to invest in single-family rentals to start. I have little-to-no cash reserve...student loans, daughter in private school, and a long work commute (gas $$) have a lot to do with that. Bottom line--I don't want this to be all there is as I work for the next 20 years so that I can retire on a fixed income--so glad I have those master's degrees!!

I am going to attend my area REIA meeting this month, and hopefully, get this ball rolling!

I love soaking up all of the knowledge on this board and thank you to all who contribute.  I hope to be a PRO member sometime soon!

-Debra

Loading replies...