Carlos M.
  • New Orleans, LA
Votes |
Hello from NOLA

Carlos M.
  • New Orleans, LA
Posted Feb 21 2016, 09:32

Hello all,

My name is Carlos and I am from New Orleans, LA.  Originally raised in Texas, I have lived in LA for 5+ years. 

My wife and I are business professionals, we both have an accounting background (education)...but professionally, I have banking experience while my wife works in the tax field.  

Through my work experience I am somewhat familiar with the financing/banking side of real estate underwriting.  Out of college I spend five years as a bank regulator followed by some time as a loan reviewer at a regional bank. My primary duties were assessing the bank's loan portfolio...primarily larger commercial real estate loans and other large credits (oil/gas, insurance and general business operating lines of credit). 

The last five years of my career I've working in financial due diligence, essentially background checks on behalf of large investors.  As such, I have gained some pretty good insight on public records research.

I am here on BP to gain knowledge. As you can see, I am a newbie...any insight I have is primarily academic, as I have not done any real estate investing myself.  

My goal is to purchase and hold SFR and small MF properties to provide a stream of passive income to further bolster our retirement savings that may allow my wife and I the opportunity to retire 10 to 15 years earlier than what's normally expected (50s instead of 60s perhaps).

If this post is long, I apologize, but I wanted to properly introduce myself and also offer myself to the BP community...if there is anything I can help with...any questions which might be in my wheelhouse...please don't hesitate to ask.

CM

Loading replies...