Greetings from the witch city! (Salem, MA)

3 Replies

:D Hello All!

So- I am so happy to have stumbled upon this site. I have read about 7-8 investing books over the past 2 years. I guess I have been slow and methodical for awhile and I'm starting to get real anxious. I have an investment team I am putting together and my wife and I are hoping to buy our first investment property to flip this summer.

Anyway- just wanted to send a big hello to everyone. You'll be seeing more of me...

Hello and welcome. Just one question... if someone goes into foreclosure in Salem, do they get burned at the stake? YEOWCH!!! :protest:

All seriousness though, glad to have you here and good luck... the first one is always the hardest!

Hiya and welcome. You may want to check out some of the local landlord/investor groups if that's your thing. Usually great information passed at the meetings. As long as you're prepared that someone will be selling you something every single week, it's a bearable situation that provides good connections and some great tax/investing information.

AREI-WIN has a meeting in Andover, MA, not too far. http://www.arei-win.com/investment_meetings.html

And you can find 5 local affiliated members of the Massachusetts Rental Housing Association at: http://massrha.nonprofitoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_DIR&SEC={FBE6E635-6C2F-4CC3-BDDB-F5B2731D2916}

thanks guys...

No burnings lately here in Salem. Most of the development is high end lofts in old factory buildings. I will actually be investing north of NYC in the area I grew up in. Its easier for me to build a team there because I have high school friends that are: contractors, landscapers, and plumbers etc...

I have been to one local investor group meeting and it wasn't great. It seemed like the majority of people were scoping out competition. At this point, I have my team and now and going into the funding phase, so I will keep you all updated.

Best-
The Wolf!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you