Investor from Michigan

5 Replies

Hi All,

Good Day. My wife and I entered real estate in 2006 in Kalamazoo, MI at the suggestion of a family member. We consider ourselves relatively new investors. We have done deals with single family homes and multi-family units primarily in Michigan. We have focused on a buy and hold philosophy around college campuses. We have learned about real estate through various REIA groups, but have also learned by trial and error. However, we are looking to get more full time in our business including (but surely not limited to) flipping, land deals, buy & hold, multi-unit & single family homes, self directed IRA investing, and owner financing. Of course, we are always looking to increase our education (e.g. learners are earners). We are looking forward to getting more involved with BiggerPockets. Thank you.

Welcome Jason. Tons of great information here I wish you the best in your journey.

Welcome to Biggerpockets Jason. Check out the bigger pockets Education tab there is a lot of good info in there. I really recommend their podcast's they are very entertaining and packed full of applicable information. 

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

Hello @Jason Ramer and welcome to BP hope you continue in your journey and are successful. There are many tools and a wealth of info here from professionals and veteran investors that I am sure will prove very valuable to you. Any help or assistance I can be feel free to connect with me.

Hi All,

Thank you for welcoming me to BP.  I look forward to connecting with you, and learning as much as possible about you, your business, and why you love the various aspects of real estate.  I am still getting acclimated to the site, and appreciate your advice.  Please feel free to connect for any future networking.  Thank you!   @Ramon Huerta @Nicholas Myers @Mike Warner @Account Closed

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you