17 Yr. Member from Philadelphia, PA.

6 Replies

"Every kid is one caring adult away from being a success story."

-John Shipp

Hello world!

I'm 17 years old, almost 18. Over the past year, I have taken a keen interest in the great world that is Real Estate Investing. I'm a passionate driven dreamer with hopes of a successful future in real estate. However at a young age, it has been difficult and financially straining to start anything in REI. Despite this Real Estate Investing is my 'burning desire' and I hope there is someone out there that I can learn from to help fulfill my definite purpose.

Thanks Very much.

Welcome to Biggerpockets @Ousmane Sow . Getting educated would be the best way to start. You can start with the course on the Ultimate Beginner's Guide. You can find it under Education.

@Ousmane Sow Welcome to BP, I was 18 when I found the site and was in the same situation as you. Here we are three years later, and I finally have a property. Stick with it, getting started young is your biggest advantage.

@Ousmane Sow as @Axel Ragnarsson mentioned, realizing the fascinating world of RE and the major potential it offers at a young age is an advantage. Continue learning via books, podcast, and talking to people who are in the game. Make sure you pick a niche that works for you and stick to it until you master it. Ask questions on the forums & Network, network, NETWORK! Best of luck!

Hi @Ousmane Sow and welcome to BP. BP is a great place to find information on real estate while connecting with other real estate investors. You came to the right place. I wish you all the best. You are not alone in your real estate ambition. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you