New investor New Jersey

22 Replies

My name is Ivan I am a new investor I have 3 units so far in NJ, I am currently investing part time but I'm looking to transition to full time. I want to do 3 flips before the year ends (2016) currently looking for deals in NJ (Linden, Rahway, Elizabeth, Roselle,Jersey City, etc.) because I am new I am looking for references and tips and a solid contractor in my area central NJ . I buy and hold but if there is a deal for a flip I'm willing to do the work and work with partners as well . My background is in finance and economics  if I can assist anyone with anything do not hesitate to contact me here at bigger pockets.

Promotion
Speed To Lead
Buy hot seller leads w/o subscription
Buy daily seller leads that are actually ready to sell
Finally there's a place where you can buy leads that asked for urgent help selling their house

welcome!!! I invest in your neck of the woods to Ivan.

I am a buy and hold long term investor.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for any info and it questions!

Good luck!!

Chris

Welcome to BP!! Im looking  to make that transition as well. I am a wholeslaer in the are maybe we can help each other achieve that goal. Feel free to PM If your interested in exchanging some ideas.

Hey Ivan,

Welcome to BP.  If you're looking for a solid contractor, I would suggest coming to some of the REIAs and real estate meet-ups in the area.  Some of the contractors attend the meetings and you could also network with other flippers in the area. 

Regards,

Marc

Originally posted by @Marc Celestin :

Hey Ivan,

Welcome to BP.  If you're looking for a solid contractor, I would suggest coming to some of the REIAs and real estate meet-ups in the area.  Some of the contractors attend the meetings and you could also network with other flippers in the area. 

Regards,

Marc

Marc thank you for your reply when it comes to real estate jargon and acronyms i'm still learning what is an REIA? and if you know of any real estate meet ups you can suggest that would also be great thanks again.

Originally posted by @Chris Masons :

welcome!!! I invest in your neck of the woods to Ivan.

I am a buy and hold long term investor.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for any info and it questions!

Good luck!!

Chris

Chris it's fantastic to hear from someone so close to me I have PM'ed you thanks again.

@Ivan Correa my bad. Real Estate Investing Association (REIA) there's quite a few in Northern NJ. They provide an opportunity to network, education, and events relating to real estate. Also, check meetup.com for other real estate groups in your area. Im in Newark a lot, so pm me with any questions.

Thanks,

Marc

Promotion
REI Nation
Turnkey Real Estate
Wondering how to safely invest in out-of-state real estate?
This 40-page eBook is your best resource for safe, profitable, passive real estate investing.
Download Now

Welcome Ivan, 

Seasoned investor and mentor here. I do both the B&H's and flip opportunities. I am a heavy contractor and work the entire state (and more). I prefer the single family first time home buyer property opportunities but have done mixed use and multi's as well. I have in the past and currently invest with REI group members in NJ as well as fellow BPers as well. Any questions just reach out...

Continued Success

Wally

@Ivan Correa Hi Ivan! I am also an investor in those areas. I just did a flip and am in the process of selling it now. I also own a couple of 2 families in Elizabeth. Feel free to reach out if you need any advice or suggestions. My husband is a realtor so that helps us a lot. We are still new at this but this is a great website to learn!

hello Ivan! I'm also a newbie and planning to purchase a multi-family in Union County. I'm currently looking in Elizabeth. If you need some help in interior painting I can help. PM me if you wants to share some info. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you