New Real Estate Investor in Hazleton, PA

5 Replies

Hello all, my name is Kevin Marsh and I'm 25 years old. Im currently a graduate student at Wilkes University pursuing my MBA degree. I don't have very much real estate experience, but I have always aspired to be a real estate investor and the financial freedom that it can provide. Im willing to offer my time, skills, knowledge, and abilities for free to help anyone as long as I can learn from them. I look forward to meeting others and forming relationships that we can both benefit from. 

Promotion
REI Nation
Premier Property Management Group
Premier by REI Nation is the #1 PM Choice for Passive Investors
Looking for worry-free property management? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Property Management.
Download Now

@Kevin D. , I primarily interested in rental properties and creating positive cash flow, but I'm open to learning about the other aspects of real estate investing as well. Do you have any advice for a new real estate investor as how to get started?

@Kevin Marsh My advice is to dive in head first. Start with something small so your downside is limited, but even if you break even on your equity, you'll learn more than reading every book and listening to every podcast. I started with a $10k house and renovated it and got it rented. 

Find your strength and outsource the rest. So if you can swing a hammer, do that; and outsource the financing. If you have money and don't know anything about contracting, outsource that. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you