Hi I want to make my first flip a reality

3 Replies

Hi my name is Andy I currently manage a pizza restaurant and have always had an interest in real estate. I want to do what ever it takes to flip my first house to help others and build wealth for myself. I have come here to learn and hope to one day be of service and help others who are just starting out and seeking the knowledge and focus to build the life of their dreams. Thank you

never forget your ambitions and keep that vision alive for that you will run into some hard times, its a learning curve that is a fact but i wish you the best and if you have questions, i will try to answer them.

Hello and welcome to BP!  Working as a pizza place manager will probably help you.  Please feel free to contact me if you are looking for construction or real estate questions.   Just do whatever you like.  Do not try to do everything yourself just focus on doing that which is income productive. You found a good site that will educate you and allow you to communicate with those that do what you do.  Know the market you select and the best locations within it.  Always do the numbers and try to look at the property that makes you know when you have a good deal or at least have a clause in the sales contract that will allow you some time (usually 15 days) to inspect the property and possibly back out of the deal without a huge penalty..  As soon as you close on a property get an insurance policy that will protect you in case of a loss.

I am 59 years old and I found BP about 8 months ago and I am still trying to decide what I will do. I also went to college, not that it is mandatory, and I got a business degree that emphasized real estate.   Since I was in Texas and planned on staying there I found out that I was qualified to get a broker license and I took the test and got one.  I kept that license for about 30 years and I closed a few deals for other people.  Regardless of what I had I felt more comfortable with the construction business.  I have been in the construction business since I was 17 including the college years.  My father has been in real estate sales for about 40 years and he has taught me a little bit.  If you think that I can help you please contact me brought BP at any time.  Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you