New member in Kentucky

6 Replies

Hello all, I'm glad to finally introduce myself.  I've been lurking on the site and forums for a while now but finally ready for my introduction.

Software engineer is my JOB but I am truly ready for major changes. I've always loved real estate and have been trying to convince my husband this is the way to go for years. He has finally come around so our new endeavor begins!

To date, I have teamed up with a very like minded partner and we've been driving for dollars, sending out direct mail (big time fail with that so far) and we've made an offer on 1 home which I found out today we did not get. We were outbid by 3,003 but that's ok because anything over my offer price would have put us under our 20% target profit. We are currently researching 2 different USDA auction homes and trying to learn as much as we can about the risks of buying auction properties.

I'd love to find a meet-up group in Northern Kentucky so if anyone knows of one, please share.  I am glad to be here and looking forward to building new relationships.

That would be great Aaron.  I found the forum discussion on a Cincinnati meetup but that was already full for May and well north of our area.  I work in Florence and live in Pendleton county so anywhere in Boone, Kenton or Campbell county would be wonderful.  If you have a place in mind, maybe we should create a new forum post for others interested in an NKY meetup.

Hello,

Welcome to BP! Best of luck with REI.
There is a meet planned for next Thursday in Louisville. If you plan to hold a separate one I recommend a weekend. Personally it is hard to attend during the week.

Have you attended a meeting before? If so,  can you provide a sample of the content and how it goes?

Louisville is too far for me to travel during the work week but thanks for letting me know. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you