• Investor
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
Semi-Newbie from Houston

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Katy, TX
Posted Jun 2 2016, 14:37

Hi, My name is Michelle, I live in Katy, TX outside of Houston. I'm a full-time engineer, wife, and mother of 4. I'm new to BiggerPockets, what an awesome resource! I started my real estate venture back in 2010 when I went to my first Rich Dad seminar. Yes, I paid big bucks to get "trained." Can't say Im one of those great success stories but I have completed several transactions. In addition to purchasing my own personal home, I currently co-own 5 other properties. I started out in New Orleans where I flipped 2 SFHs, one using a hard money lender for a small profit and the other not so much. I currently have 2 rentals (2 SFHs and one duplex) in New Orleans and 2 SFHs in Houston, specifically Rosenberg and Katy. I am all about the BRRRR process but feel that leads and financing are my obstacles. I'm looking for Houston area wholesalers, a good real estate attorney, and tax accountant. I typically use traditional financing (20% down conventional bank loans) with the down payment coming from personal savings, but I will also consider exploring home equity loans, HELOCs, and crowd-funding. I am looking to consistently pick up more SFHs and small multifamily properties. Obsessed with BP podcasts and webinars right now! Would love to network with other Houston and New Orleans area investors (I'm familiar with RICH Club and the Houston REIA). I love doing real estate related research and analysis (mostly on the internet since I'm at a computer all day anyway) and would be glad to share the experience and knowledge I do have.

Loading replies...