New member and new investor in CA

New member and new investor in CA

Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 4 votes

Hi everyone,

New member here! I have been passively reading on real estate investing for some time now. I have 1 rental properties partnered with a few friends. I hope to get more aggressive in learning and hope to do more active investing. This forum is great and I hope to learn a lot from interacting with everyone and I hope one day I can give a piece of advice as well. 

I am always open to conversation may it be for real estate or general business. I am definitely open to partnering up on some projects. 

Do you guys think its a good idea to get my feet wet by working with out of state investors with their CA properties? If so, how do you guys suggest I start doing so?

1Reply
17 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Ojai, CA · Member since 2016 · 107 posts · 74 votes
    10y

    You need to join a local REIC. I go to REICLA. You meet lots of local people from all aspects of the business, both experienced and new. It is so worth it. They meet once a month, 2nd Tuesday of the month. Also there is Prosperity Through Real Estate Club, they work with the first one but meet first Tuesday of the month.  Both meet off Howard Hughes. 

    I drive all the way down from Ojai just to hang out with all of them at the meetings. You will also get a ton of education as well as net work with locals.

    As far as working with out of state... the answer is the same for any deal... it depends on the deal. 

    My best advise is to be PATIENT. Do not rush into a deal. Trust the investor math and wait for the right deal to come along.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @Bryant Diep, welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Art G. - thanks for the warm welcome! 

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    There are 2 groups in la that have meeting once a month near lax the love's and Phyllis Rockweller. Both are great for networking and learning. Hope this helps

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    Oh I forgot women's invest group in Glendale not just for women

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.