Investor in Phoenix, Arizona

13 Replies

It has taken until now for me to recover from my 'dabbling' in the real estate market at the peak of the bubble.

Dabbling = did one fix and flip; bought overly expensive rental property; got taken advantage of here and there.  Good news is that I am no longer in the school of hard knocks, I graduated.

I'm interested in everything real estate and wanting to understand what is working in Phoenix at the moment.

@Justin Owens

Things I'm actively considering are, fix and flip, BRRR, small multifamily.

I work full time, so I won't be the one pounding the pavement to create wholesale deals.

I am very open to considering partnering on deals in general.

Hi Justin:

I'm here in Phoenix also. I am looking at it from the exact opposite as you currently. I dont want to tie up my cash or debt into holding but I'm pounding the pavement looking to get wholesale deals under contract. Maybe a good connection? I'm also new to all this by the way.

Welcome to BP Casey. I'm seeing clients struggle to get cash flow on SFR's but they seem to be doing well with small multi-family. Flippers are doing ok as long as the buy right.

Hello @Casey Martell and from one Arizona resident to another, welcome to Bigger Pockets! BP is the place to be for real estate investing! It has everything you need from free online videos and educational courses to the ability to post blogs and connect with other investors from around the world, the possibilities are endless! You came to the right place and I wish you all the best. 

Welcome @Casey Martell !

I'm finding the margins for Fix & Flips to be super thin right now unless you have a construction crew on salary and you're adding square footage cheaper than anyone else!

...and you're flipping in bulk!

Same goes for tear-downs.  

Construction costs are through the roof!  Just a year ago you could do a high-design rehab for around $50/sf...

now you can't do one for less than $80-$100/sf...

just my observation and experience trying to compete with these guys who are driving up the prices of properties on the market that need repairs

...they're paying full price for them and even more than asking price in some cases!

I'm also seeing a lot of those rehabs after repairs sit on the market a long time before they sell...they're priced too high.

I hope you find what you're looking for! ;)

Let me know if I can help.

Cheers to your success!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you