Hey everyone! I've been using Bigger Pockets for several months now, so I thought I should finally go ahead and introduce myself on the forums. I'm an aspiring investor from Nashville, TN, who's been living in Atlanta, GA since early 2015. I graduated from The University of Tennessee, and currently work for Home Depot as a senior analyst in international logistics. Some of my hobbies include:
- Learning about real estate
- Speaking/Learning Portuguese
- Playing guitar/drums
- Traveling (visiting Iceland in August)
- Building websites/learning code
I know it’s cliché, but I originally became interested in real estate while reading Rich Dad Poor Dad. The concept of passive income really piqued my interest, and since then, I’ve been reading as much as possible about real estate investing, and listening to the BiggerPockets podcasts each day to and from work. My goal is to buy my first property (preferably multi-family) by January 2017 and “house hack.”
If anyone in the Atlanta area would like to connect, please feel free to reach out to me! I’m pretty computer savvy, and could help build you a website, or assist with online marketing in exchange for knowledge. I’m also looking for an investor-friendly real-estate agent if anyone has references.
Welcome to Bigger Pockets @Ben Williams ! Best of luck in your RE endeavors
Good luck on the investing. Multi family investing is hardly passive but it is a good business.
welcome to the forums. It might be cliche, but the majority of us are here as a result of rich dad poor dad.
The podcasts are amazing, keep listening and read all of the recommended books at the end of each episode.
Most importantly don't just listen to the podcasts or read the books-apply the knowledge! Real estate doesn't pay you for what you know, it pays you for what you do. Keep that in mind on your journey to success
I have connections with some agents in your area. Feel free to message me and I can connect you with them.
Bigger Pockets is the best REI form on the internet. We are happy to have you on the site!
Welcome to BP. You are at the best REI networking portal on the internet. Few actions on this website to help you get most out of your subscription.
1) Please setup the key work alerts
2) Search and Subscribe to you local BP forum and any other forums that you are interested in based on the real estate strategy that you are looking for.
3) Network with the fellow BP members from your area or area of interest.
4) Review Brandon Tuner list of 'The Top 20 Real estate books Every Investor should read' and the list .These books a very good way to keep yourself educated on things that was already documented by the experts. List can be downloaded from https://www.biggerpockets.com/books
If you are absolute beginner in real estate investments like me check out the following as well.
1) Take this awesome 4 Hours 17 minutes free course 'A Beginner's Introduction to Real Estate Investing'
YouTube playlist link for the same
2) Checkout the beginner guide for any other guides.
Ben, welcome to BP. My name is Bill and I am a real estate investor and business owner in the Atlanta area. Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance.
Welcome to the Dance Bill
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you