New member interested in flipping

2 Replies

Hi everyone, my name is Sean. I have a backfround in a few years of construction. Capable of light carpentry and have a few years tile setting. But one thing I've learned is, it takes a good team to put together a good home. That's what I'm interested in doing but not sure where to start. Do I just hire a contractor and help along the way to save on overhead cost? Will my first flip make money? Should I quit my night time job and be working on the house as much as possible? 

Since my soon to be wife and I are having twins in October. I don't intend on flipping until we are able to get in a routine handling that so I do have plenty of time to do my research. I figured this would be a good place to start. Any valuble information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hello @Sean Compton and let me be the first to welcome you to Bigger Pockets. At BP, you can get the information you need while connecting with other investors. BP offers free online videos and educational courses for you to watch and learn from. You came to the right place and I wish you all the best. 

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you