New member from Tacoma, WA

4 Replies

Good evening everyone,

I have several family members that could be considered real estate investors, having retired early by purchasing rental properties using conventional mortgages and living off of the cashflow.

Being 20 years old, with a negative net-worth, and unemployed, I did not believe that real estate investing was even something I should be thinking about at this point in time.

However, after watching last nights Webinar "How to Buy Your First (or Next) Rental Property in the Next 90 Days!" I now believe that there is no better time to get started than the present. I have a personal credit score of >700, have the available time and energy to educate myself, put in sweat equity, and pursue creative financing.

My goal is to purchase my first property by November 7th, 2016. (My 21st Birthday).

To achieve this goal, I have purchased a 1 year subscription to BiggerPockets Pro, and plan on working every single day to educate myself further in Real Estate Investing. No more dead space!

I have read through the ultimate beginners guide today, tomorrow I plan on reading "The book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down", and then start working through the recorded Webinars and Podcasts.

Any suggestions and/or tips to help me along my journey would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Welcome, Arthur!

This site has a ton of amazing information on it, so you're making a good move! I'm at a similar, early point in my journey, and am reading through the Book on Rental Property investing. I'm down in the Olympia area, but work in Tacoma regularly enough - while I'm far from being an expert, if you ever want to compare notes or need a thought partner, let me know! 

Again, welcome!

Hi @Arthur Hagen

Welcome to BP! Your goal seems attainable and I wish you the best as you learn and move forward. A suggestion that I would give is to figure out which strategy works best for your current situation and then learn what you need to know for the first step and then do it. Then learn for the 2nd and do that. Keep going step by step and you'll have your first property under wraps in no time. Yes it's easier said then done, but with all of the resources and input on this site and with a willingness to learn and move forward you will be able to get what you need without spending all of your time learning only to find out that it's been a couple of years and you haven't actually done something yet. Learning is crucial, but with a hybrid of doing. 

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you